Friday, 24 August 2012

I eat, it shows, and then I get rid of it.

"Homicide is 0.8% of deaths. Diet-related disease is over 60%. But no one fucking talks about it." Jamie Oliver

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans … are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.” Anthony Bourdain


"My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright

I really enjoy cooking, I wash the dishes to unwind, and well, I exercise because I have to. - Story of my life.



Well yeah, I have other interests too, like swimming (okay fine, not exactly, my version is more like floating around the pool) playing/watching football/Aussie rules, the list goes on and on and on.









The bottom line is, everyone has a hobby, be it sewing, playing with marbles, cleaning, whatever. BUT not every hobby is a turn on. And I dare say, as a perfectly normal heterosexual young male, cooking is by far, the sexiest hobby a man can have.



I started enjoying cooking, strangely enough, in my secondary school days. But those days, it was all about the instant gratification, instant pleasure, instant, MI GORENG (INDOMIE STYLE!) I'm sorry Maggi, but truth be told, Indomie kicks your ass. Then I levelled up, and started with chicken nuggets. FINALLY I REACHED THE PEAK OF INSTANT/ FROZEN COOKING! FROZEN PIES. ahhgasminmymouth.


 So, okay fine, that was kindergarten cooking, I finally moved on to proper cooking when I started fooling around in the kitchen with my girlfriend. We started out with wraps, and she had me on the chopping board detail, basically just slicing tomatoes, lettuces, that kinda thing. I quickly got bored and started playing around with spices while frying the chicken and it just was SO MUCH FUNN!!! We quickly moved on to other fun food, like pizza, prata, pies, naan with butter chicken, pork schnitzel and all kinds of stuff.

 




So anyway, I thought it'd be nice to share a simple recipe that we put together earlier today for lunch. It's essentially a pork, with apple slices and asparagus sandwich. We put it together in less than half an hour so it's a really quick and mostly effortless meal. Here's the end product to get you interested!

We got some minced pork, apples, asparagus and a small loaf of bread (Mediterranean Panini) from the supermarket.


Yup so you just need to cube some onions and apples, stuff them into the pork, season it with a tinge of salt, and shape them until you get these sort of pork patties.

Then you just fry them up! But we tried out this technique we saw on tv, which is to just simply put a lid on top of the pork, then after it's about to be ready, you just add a slice of cheese on top andddd VOLAAA!






Hope you enjoy! TGIF

4 comments:

  1. Looks Good! Hope you enjoyed! Shall use this recipe someday! :D Hope you could reply to me and follow me on Twitter! Will you be coming to the GV and i12 anytime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again!

    mmm yupp it was yummy but somehow when I tried it with another cut of pork, it ended up quite fail.. :(

    Actually the cast of ABTM will be heading to a number of shopping malls TMR. You can add me at my fan page
    https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaTanWE?ref=hl
    to get more details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You could try making it again, practice makes perfect. ;) Oooo sounds great! Hopefully I'll get to see you there! :DDD

    ReplyDelete