Sunday, 9 September 2012

IT'S A WRAP FOLKS!

Numb, relieved, excited, wistful, and a tad bit of joy all bundled together may begin to describe how I've been feeling over the past few days. It's like a rainbow of emotions all mixed together forming a really strong cocktail.


I still vividly remember how I randomly decided to give the audition a shot. Like the kind when you just want to go for fun, with zero expectations. (haha and not long ago I found out that my first audition was quite rubbish, I almost didn't make the cut). Then when they called me back for a second one, I was like.. Okay, woah! I'm gonna meet Jack Neo!

I think the essence of my experience can be broken down into 3 parts. The startling start, the traumatic tekong, and finally the fabulous finish. I remember how out of depth I felt at the start of the shoot, working alongside veteran actors like Irene Ang and Liew Qian Yi. I just wanted to watch (and copy) them as much as possible to look like I knew what I was doing. Well obviously I was never going to be anywhere near their level, so in the end I just decided to ask them for as much advise as possible.



Now, we have come to the most trying, messed up, time of my life, shooting at Pulau Tekong. My goodness, can you imagine shooting 30 - 40 plus days at that godforsaken island? And furthermore, there was this period of overnight shoots (4pm - 8am) for 12 CONSECUTIVE DAYS! OMG! I don't know how I survived, and honestly, I don't feel like I performed very well during that period of time. But one thing that kept me going, was this crazy bunch of red-bull-infused 17-24 year old BOYS! I have to say, I really have grown to love these buggers. From their stupid pranks, vulgar songs to their crude bodily movements . I guess you can compare them to this group of insects which keep biting and irritating you, until you just give up trying to swat them and lie on the ground, slowly becoming numb. AND THEN BEING SO INFECTED WITH THEIR DISEASE THAT YOU MUTATE INTO ONE OF THEM! HAHAHAHA!



Sigh, then came the fabulous finish. It was this bittersweet period of knowing that this project was finally coming to an end. And knowing that you would miss whatever you were still doing, do you know what I mean? Like imagine running around in the jungle thinking to yourself, "damn, in a few weeks time this will all be over.." Hard to understand? I don't blame you.

I won't say that this experience has passed by in a blink of an eye. It has been a slow excruciating battle from day to day. But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. There were shitty times, funny times, and boring times. There was bad food, horrendous food and Popeye's (LIFESAVER!) But I tell you what, I wouldn't have traded this experience for anything else in the world. It means so much to me being on set for the past 3 months, and now, all that's left is the promotional period, and then THE GALA PREMIERE!!!


 

I CAN'T WAIT AHHHHH!!!

2 comments:

  1. Stumbled across your blog a few days ago, love how modest you are! Definitely an inspiration to younger actors. ^^ The filming sounds so tough, I think I felt a little similar doing the Duke of Edinburgh hike. Looking forward to seeing the final result!

    I tagged you for the Liebster award btw! Thought it would be nice to see how a male would answer these questions differently to a female! Maybe do it if you have some free time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There! Thanks so much for reading my blog, all the way from the UK too!

    Yup, the movie will be out on the 8th of november and actually the trailer is almost ready. IT LOOKS MAJOR EPIC and the moment it's out I'll put it up here.

    Oh thank you once again but I'm not quite sure what the Liebster award is.

    ReplyDelete