Friday, 30 November 2012

Deadlines, are nothing but DEAD TIMES!

What do you day dream about? For me, I don't know why but I always used to imagine myself giving interviews to reporters. Weird right? I still remember when I was trekking to the karen village in Chiang Mai (Thailand), for like 4 hours I was talking to myself the whole time.



Me (as Interviewer):" So Joshua what do you like to do in your spare time?"

Me (as myself):" NO COMMENT !!! (DIVA!)"
 

 

I think most of my friends think I'm a bit of a nutcase or something, because I love talking to myself so much. I don't know how many people enjoy talking to themselves but I somehow suspect not many. It's not that I don't like talking to other people, I just click better with myself.

Like sometimes I like to be quiet, just people watch at a cafe, or sit with a book in a park (not in Singapore, cause it's too HOT!), or laze in the pool and let me mind go blank.. Other days I'm like a machine gun, you can't stop me! So I admit, I am weird.

Anyway, I can't believe it, but I've actually had numerous interviews done already, and 2 one on one interviews, I weekly, and more recently 8 days. I guess some celebrities are kinda guarded when it comes to revealing too much about how their lives and how they feel. Well, I was really chatty during mine( hehe you'll have to read the articles! not going to reveal any juicy bits here!)


So I'm really blessed to have been able to achieve my DAY dream. Haha, which is so weird, I always used to day dream that I would be giving interviews to journalists and it actually happened. So it's a (day)dream come true right?

Yup, so besides being blessed in achieving my (day)dream, I'm also very thankful that my career is really going well too. Just a little update, Ah Boys To Men has really opened so many doors for me, I did a guest supporting role in one of the episodes of the HBO Series "Serangoon Road".
 
And after that went on to do a Print Ad for SIA, which will be appearing in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong (sadly not in Singapore.. I don't know why either).  Anyway this was a super cool experience because I was cast as a dad! Haha can you imagine? I'm only 22 years old! Literally from Ah Boy to Ah Pa!

 
The most recent project I've embarked on was this Mediacorp drama series called "How we met", which will be shown on the new platform Toggle, and afterwards probably TV. This was also super fun and interesting because I got to work with Ezann Lee, who was the female lead in FIGHTING SPIDERS! One of the best drama series I've seen on channel 5. 

 
 
And finally coming up, I have yet another print ad, which is really exciting. So I'm just so happy at how things have turned out so far, and I'm really hopeful for the future. Honestly, I'm a little worried that if I go back to Australia and continue my uni studies that nobody will remember me and I will lose all these fantastic opportunities... :( BUT OH WELL! Keep the faith everyone!
 
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
―    Bil Keane

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratz on making the cover print ad for SIA and also for making it on to so many shows!! I'm sure u'll do even better in the future!! Dun worry I'm sure many people will always remember u :) keep yr spirits up and be positive!! :D

    ReplyDelete