Monday, 12 November 2012

Nobody said it was easyyy


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison

A ship in harbor is safe— but that is not what ships are for.” – John A. Shedd

Courage is being scared to death – but saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne

"Without a struggle, there can be no progress." - Anon

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." - Anon

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -Albert Einstein

I thought I'd start this post with a few quotes which I really appreciate. Sometimes life gets so overwhelming that it's easy not to see the small beautiful things that are around us. And sometimes when life gets tough it's hard to see anything but the situation that you are in. Believe it or not, everyone goes through difficult seasons in their lives, but the defining difference is how different people respond to the tough times.
 
HAHA OMG I AM SUPER PHILOSOPHICAL IN THE MORNING! IT'S CREEPY RIGHT?! GAHAHAAA, I think lack of sleep too much already that's why a bit siao. So Anyway, yeah, just thought I'd give a little encouragement to anyone who is facing tough times right now. There's quote I always gave my trainees back in the army "Tough times don't last, tough men do!".

So anyway, as you guys know I'm aussie and at some point of time, I do want to head back and lepak. I was actually supposed to go back this June for my uni studies, but I deferred it for the film. But this coming Feb, I'll probably head back. Therein lies the problem, I'm really afraid of losing momentum I got from all the hard work I put in filming. It's not easy to come so far, to achieve my goals, and then leave everything behind to go for my studies.

 
 
I mean, I really love Aussie land. The blue skies, the cool weather, my FISH AND CHIPS, PIES, PASTA, SO MANY SO MANY AUSSIE FOOD GAHHHHH!!! I love the relaxing day to day living, heading to the park, having quiet walks, snuggling up next to the heater.. I love the old ladies who will walk up to you and ask about your day, your life, and be honestly interested in having a conversation with you.. I miss my cute nephews and nieces, going around wine and cheese tasting with my cousins..






BUTTT I THINK I LIKE SINGAPORE A BIT MORE NOW THAN LAST TIME LEH!! HAHAHAHA.  Singapore also quite shiok la I guess..Gosh I think I will die without Indian food. Like my body will crave it so much that it will explode from the inside! I think I will miss acting so much, and the opportunities that I will get here.. But I think the thing I will miss the most is probably my mates here..



 

 


The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them. – Unknown

6 comments:

  1. Every place ventured every memory created. Indeed there'll always be places and people u'll miss upon a change in direction to your life, but hey! Singapore (and your buddies) would still be here if u were to head back. No doubt that deferring your studies had messed up some momentum, but the opportunity cost of it had been worthwhile! -- u gained some experiences of life here where not everyone could have! U did a great job here with the filming.. So go on and follow your heart to create even more amazing legacy of your life story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea is it weird that ever since I've watched ah boys to men, I rly like your character in that movie cause I don't rly like ns and i never even want to go. But after watching the movie I understand why and feeling scared that i have to serve ns for 2 years. anyway nice knowing you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey josh! awesome post you have here, really motivating. Anyway, great job for the movie ABTM.. Can't wait for the second sequel, bet it's gonna be a blast!

    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :) Hope to enjoy more future works from you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Josh, Thank you for the marvelous acting. Ur professionalism make me wanna return for NS to "re-serve" my 2 years all over again, and going thru the entire BMT phase, which i didnt, given my status.

    Just letting u know, acting is a profession, but the impact u made from ur acting is revolutionary. The emotional relatedness and attachment from acting itself is difficult to portray and not many could do that, and u did it. Weigh ur option wisely and i look forward seeing ur new movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joshua! I totally emphasise with what you are going through! I am Australian too but after living in Spore for a couple of years and servin NS here, I started to get really attached to Spore! Just out of curiosity, which Uni are u gg to? The photo u showed on this post looks like Flinders Street station so I'm guessing ur from Mwlbourne? Which prob means Melborne or Monash Uni?

    ReplyDelete